The Team-Based Learning Collaborative extends a warm welcome to join them for their 19th annual meeting in Portland, Oregon, March 14-17, 2020 at the Hilton Portland Downtown.
Abstracts are currently welcomed for Workshop presentation formats.
- Fundamentals Track
- Innovations & Applications track
- Scholarship & Research Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for implementation of effective TBL. Target audience: educators with less than 3 years’ experience using TBL or educators who want to become more effective in practicing the essentials of TBL.
Innovations and Applications Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for using TBL in specific educational settings or in a specific academic discipline. Creative innovations that remain consistent with TBL principles are encouraged.
Target audience: educators who are currently using TBL and who desire to improve their practice by interacting with those in similar educational roles, disciplines, or settings.
Scholarship and Research Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills to critically evaluate the educational process and outcomes of TBL. Workshops emphasizing either qualitative or quantitative research methods are preferred.
Target audience: educators who want to study the TBL process and communicate findings in a scholarly manner, e.g. peer-reviewed publications.
Requirements to be included in workshop proposal
- Title of workshop
- Organizer and co-leaders: for each person who will facilitate the workshop, submit name, degree, institution, email, phone, and qualifications for leading the workshop. Designate one person to communicate with the program committee. Please note that only registered participants will be listed within the final Conference Program.
- Purpose and rationale of the workshop (Workshops proposed for fundamentals track ONLY: Submit learners’ evaluations of a previous workshop you have done on this topic.)
- Specific learning objectives of the workshop (behavioral)
- Intended audience
- Format: the method that leaders will use during the workshop; include description of how essential elements of TBL will be incorporated.
- Detailed schedule of workshop activities, with each segment in minutes, including breaks (assume total duration of 120 minutes).
- Advance assignments for participants (optional)
- Audio-visual requirements: provide a list. NOTE: This will be confirmed by the Admin Planning Team as to availability.
- Number of participants: provide the maximum number you will accept
Proposals are to be submitted online using the online submission form found here by July 15, 2020.
If you have any questions or problems with your workshop submission, please send them to at email@example.com.