Parto S. Khansari, Ph.D.
Interim Dean and Professor
School of Pharmacy
West Coast University
Los Angeles, CA
Degrees and Certifications:
- Certified TBL Trainer Consultant, TBL Collaborative
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical & Chemical Sciences (Neuropharmacology), University of the Pacific, CA
- M.S. Biomedical Sciences, SFSU, CA
- B.S. Cellular and Molecular Biology, CSUN, CA
Dr. Khansari is a Professor and Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning and Assessment at Stony Brook University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Prior to Joining Stony Brook, Dr. Khansari served as the Department Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences at California Northstate University College of Pharmacy with responsibility for faculty development, and a focus on assessment and curriculum design utilizing team-based-learning (TBL) methodology.
As a Certified TBL Trainer Consultant, she has led several national and international workshops and mentored other educators to become certified trainers. She has over 1000 hours of experience teaching pharmacology and pathophysiology utilizing TBL instructional method.
In addition to scholarship in teaching and learning, Dr. Khansari has over 12 years of leadership and technical expertise in designing, developing and executing in vivo efficacy and IND enabling preclinical studies.
Selected Publications in TBL Scholarship:
- Parto S. Khansari, Leanne Coyne. An innovative addition to team-based-learning pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning: Students’ perceptions of team. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2018;10: 90-95.
- Jason A. McDowell, Jr., Martha W. Pauli, John Le, Kyle K. Bakkie, Justin D. Nguyen, Diem-Chi N. Tran, Parto Khansari, Suzanne Clark, Hieu T. Tran. CNUCOP Student Leadership: Empowering Students for Peer Leadership. AJPE: Volume 81, Issue 5, Article S6.
- Khansari P and Coyne L. An Innovative Approach to Enhance Learning & Teaching by Incorporating Team-Exams into Team-Based-Learning. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2014; 78 (5) Article 111.
- Coyne L, Khansari P, McClendon K, Ho T, Pearson D. Assessing and Documenting Student Learning American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2014; 78 (5) Article 111.
Recent Invited Presentations & Workshops
- Parto Khansari, Wayne McCormack. 3-day Faculty Development Workshop. International Medical Center. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Feb 21-23, 2018.
- Parto Khansari, Will Ofstad. 2-day Faculty Development Workshop. Stony Brook University School of Pharmacy. Stony Brook, NY, Nov 15-16, 2017.
- Suzanne Clark, Parto S. Khansari, Paul W. Jungnickel, David F. Maize, Adaptation of Supplemental Instruction (SI), a pre-remediation, peer-led academic assistance program, to PharmD Programs. Special Session, AACP Annual Meeting Nashville, TN. 2017
- Parto S. Khansari, Suzanne Clark, Karen Hassell, Enhancing Student Learning through Effective Feedback. Pharmacy Education Symposium, Monash University, Prato Italy July 9-12, 2017.
- Suzanne Clark, Eman Atef, Rania Elkeeb, Parto Khansari, Adapting Supplemental Instruction (SI) Methods to a Doctor of Pharmacy Program with a Curriculum-wide Team-Based Learning (TBL) Pedagogy, 43rd Annual Association of Colleges for Tutoring and Learning Assistance (ACTLA). Sacramento, CA, April 2017
- Lorna Finnegan, Parto Khansari, and Simon Tweddell, TBL 101, Team-Based-Learning Collaborative Conference Workshop, Orlando FL, March 2017.
- Khansari PS, Coyne L, TBL 101 and Creating an Effective TBL Module, Team-Based-Learning Collaborative Regional Workshop, San Francisco, CA December 9, 2016.