Do you want to implement high fidelity TBL™ in the online environment?
Are you looking for widely available and budget-friendly technology?
Do you want examples of step-by-step instructional planning for online modules?
The Team-Based Learning Collaborative (TBLC) is offering a unique opportunity to learn about moving your team-based learning practice online at their upcoming virtual workshop.
The Essentials of Moving to Online Team-Based Learning™
Session presented via Zoom.
Saturday, August 29, 2020
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Faculty Instructors: Michele Clark, Caroline Wilson, Beck McCarter, Annetta Dolowitz & Liz Winter
Click here for more information
This workshop is designed for existing TBL™ practitioners to support the implementation of high-fidelity TBL™ in the online environment. We will address elements of instructional workflow planning in an online module and implications of synchronous and asynchronous delivery. While Hybrid / HyFlex tools will not be specifically addressed, some parts of the workshop may be applicable for participants utilizing this delivery method. Suitability of a range of widely available, low cost/no-cost technology tools, compatible with multiple learning management systems will be appraised.
Please note that attendees need to have a working knowledge of TBL™; the workshop does not include an introduction to TBL™.
- Integrate the three components of the course orientation process that assure students’ understanding of the course processes, delivery, objectives and their responsibilities and expectations.
- Determine the time frame for preparation materials, RATs, and Application Exercises in your course.
- Identify where and how to implement iterative peer evaluation in online TBL™
- Identify the essential elements for facilitation in online TBL™
- Optimize the technology tools available to you that will best support your learners in successfully engaging in online TBL™