The Team-Based Learning Collaborative (TBLC) is offering two unique opportunities to learn about team-based learning at their regional workshops in Phoenix, Arizona and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
TBL Regional Workshop – Phoenix, AZ
Saturday, September 14, 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Faculty Instructors: Judi Bradetich and Chris Burns
TBLC Regional Workshop – Mechanicsburg, PA
Saturday, September 21, 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center
Faculty Instructors: Liz Winter and Sarah Leupen
Each of these all-day sessions will offer 2 workshops:
Fundamental Principles and Practices of TBL
This workshop will be an introduction to Team-Based Learning™ (TBL) conducted in the TBL format. Participants will be given a preparatory assignment, divided into teams, given individual and team readiness assurance tests with immediate feedback, and achieve consensus with their team on a set of increasingly challenging application-based questions.
The goal of this workshop is for participants to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamental components, the sequence of events, and the benefits of TBL. Learning Objectives:
- Describe the essential principles and components of Team-Based Learning (TBL).
- Explain how and why TBL works.
- Discuss the benefits of using TBL.
- Illustrate how to transform a small group into a productive learning team.
Creating an Effective TBL Module
This workshop is for educators who have completed the introductory workshop on Team-Based Learning™ – TBL 101. The entire workshop is conducted in a TBL format and there is an advance assignment.
Participants will practice and develop skills for creating effective Team-Based Learning modules by participating in the following activities:
- a clarification of the process and importance of readiness assurance
- differentiation of the levels and types of application exercise questions
- an opportunity to practice writing objectives for an application exercise writing an application exercise and comparing and contrasting the application exercises of others
Visit the website for the Regional Workshop – Phoenix or the Regional Workshop – Mechanicsburgfor more information on the sessions, speakers, hotel accommodations and to register.