This month’s featured module is “Strategic Management, Strategic Planning, and Strategic Analysis.” The module was developed by Annetta Dolowitz, reviewed, and published to the Resource Bank in the fall of 2016. The “Strategic Management, Strategic Planning, and Strategic Analysis” module was designed for a course in Nonprofit Organizational Management.
The module focuses on seven learning goals. The learning goals are:
- Demonstrate and apply experience and skills that you have read or heard in class activities, and in your service learning projects, while adding skills to your resume.
- Identify the theoretical and conceptual foundations of a nonprofit.
- Assess and explain how strategic management competencies are applied to nonprofit organizations by running a SWOT analysis.
- Take the results of your SWOT analysis to evaluate Class NPO Partner to develop and defend strategies to address your findings for the Class NPO Partner Project.
- Critique the role of accountability, ethics, and social responsibility in the management of a nonprofit organization.
- Evaluate, explain, and defend the results of your project for your partner NPO.
- Demonstrate professional development.
The “Strategic Management, Strategic Planning, and Strategic Analysis” module includes a 10 question RAT and 2 Application Exercises.
This module and many more can be found in the TBLC Resource Bank. Click here to log in to the Member’s Site.
Did you know that you can submit your own module to be peer reviewed by fellow TBLC members and included in the TBLC Resource Bank? Click here to download the Resource Bank submission form and e-mail it to email@example.com.