The TBLC Call for Poster and Oral Abstracts is quickly drawing to a close! As a reminder, the deadline for submission is September 15, 2017. Accepted abstracts will be presented at the 17th Annual Conference on Team-Based Learning, which will be held March 1-3, 2018 in San Diego, California
Abstracts are being accepted in three tracks: Fundamentals, Innovations, and Research/Scholarship. Please visit www.TBLCAbstract.org to submit your abstract.
Please note that the first time you enter the site, you will be required to create a user profile.
The TBLC Scholarship Committee has put together some guidelines for writing a research abstract! Please click here to review them. The committee would also like to extend an opportunity to have your abstract reviewed and to receive feedback prior to submission. If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact Danielle Inscoe via email at email@example.com.
If you have difficulties submitting your abstract or have additional questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the 2018 Call for Workshop Abstracts is quickly drawing close! As a reminder, proposals are to be submitted in the format requested through the online abstract submission site found here.
The deadline for submission is July 15, 2017.
Please note that the call for poster abstracts will be sent in the coming weeks. If you have any questions or issues submitting your workshop abstract, please email Danielle Inscoe at email@example.com.
The Team Based Learning Collaborative extends a warm welcome to join them for their 17th annual meeting in San Diego, California, March 1-3, 2018 at the Mission Valley Hilton DoubleTree San Diego.
The TBLC Program Committee seeks abstracts for workshop presentations. Both research and evidence-based abstracts are encouraged for submission. Please align your submission to one of the three tracks listed below.
- Fundamentals Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for implementation of effective TBL.
Target audience: educators with less than 3 years’ experience using TBL or educators who want to become more effective in practicing the essentials of TBL.
- Innovations & Applications Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for using TBL in specific educational settings or in a specific academic discipline. Creative innovations that remain consistent with TBL principles are encouraged.
Target audience: educators who are currently using TBL and who desire to improve their practice by interacting with those in similar educational roles, disciplines, or settings.
- Scholarship & Research Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills to critically evaluate the educational process and outcomes of TBL. Workshops emphasizing either qualitative or quantitative research methods are preferred.
Target audience: educators who want to study the TBL process and communicate findings in a scholarly manner, e.g. peer-reviewed publications.
Requirements to be included in the Workshop Proposal
- Title of workshop.
- Organizer and co-leaders: For each person who will facilitate the workshop, submit name, degree, institution, email, phone, and qualifications for leading the workshop. Designate one person to communicate with the program committee. NOTE: Only registered participants will be listed within the final Conference Program.
- Purpose and rationale of the workshop (Workshops proposed for Fundamentals Track ONLY: Submit learners’ evaluations of a previous workshop you have done on this topic.).
- Specific learning objectives of the workshop (behavioral).
- Intended audience.
- Format: The method that leaders will use during the workshop; include description of how essential elements of TBL will be incorporated.
- Detailed schedule of workshop activities, with each segment in minutes, including breaks (assume total duration of 120 minutes).
- Advance assignments for participants (optional).
- Audio-visual requirements: Provide a list. NOTE: This will be confirmed by the Admin Planning Team as to availability.
- Number of participants: Provide the maximum number you will accept.
Proposals are to be submitted online using the online submission form found here by July 15, 2017.
If you have any questions or problems with your workshop submission, please send them to Danielle Inscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is time to mark your calendar for the the 2018 TBLC Meeting in San Diego, California!
San Diego, California, USA
Date: March 1-3, 2018
Mission Valley Hilton Double Tree San Diego
Stay tuned to your email and be sure to check out www.tblcmeeting.org for further updates!