A considerable amount of research has been carried out into a range of aspects of Team-Based Learning over the last 30 years. An extensive bibliography is made available to members, but here is a list of some published papers:
- Huang, C. K., & Lin, C. Y. (2017). Flipping Business Education: Transformative Use of Team-Based Learning in Human Resource Management Classrooms. Educational Technology & Society, 20 (1), 323–336. 323 ISSN 1436-4522 (online) and 1176-3647 (print).
- Stein, R. E., , Colyer, C. J. , & Manning, J. (2016). Student Accountability in Team-based Learning Classes. Teaching Sociology, 44(1) 28–38. DOI: 10.1177/0092055X15603429.
- Kibble, J. D. (2016). Team-Based learning in large enrollment classes. Advances in Physiology Education, 40(4), 435-442.
- Rezaee, R., Moadeb, N., & Shokrpour, N. (2016). Team-based learning: A new approach toward improving education. Acta Medica Iranica, 54 (10), 679-683.
- Balan, P., Clark, M. & Restall, G. 2015, ‘Preparing students for Flipped or Team-Based Learning methods’, Education + Training, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 639-657.
- Huggins, C.M. & Stamatel, J.P. 2015, ‘An Exploratory Study Comparing the Effectiveness of Lecturing versus Team-based Learning’, Teaching Sociology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 227-235.
- Haidet, P., McCormack, W.T. & Kubitz, K. 2014, ‘Analysis of the team-based learning literature: TBL comes of age’, Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3&4, pp. 303-333.
- Burgess, A.W., McGregor, D.M. & Mellis, C.M. 2014, ‘Applying Established Guidelines to Team-Based Learning Programs in Medical Schools: A Systematic Review’, Academic Medicine, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 678-688.
- Roberson, B. & Franchini, B. 2014, ‘Effective Task Design for the TBL Classroom’, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3/4, pp. 275-302.
- Michaelsen, L.K., Davidson, N. & Major, C. 2014, ‘Team Based Learning Practices and Principles in Comparison with Cooperative Learning and Problem Based Learning’, Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 4.
- McCormack, W.T. & Garvan, C.W. 2014, ‘Team-Based Learning Instruction for Responsible Conduct of Research Positively Impacts Ethical Decision-Making’, Accountability in Research: Policies and Quality Assurance, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 34-49.
- Davidson, N., Major, C.H. & Michaelsen, L.K. 2014, ‘Small-Group Learning in Higher Education–Cooperative, Collaborative, Problem-Based, and Team-Based Learning: An Introduction by the Guest Editors’, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3/4, pp. 1-6.
- Mennenga, H.A. 2013, ‘Student engagement and examination performance in a team-based learning course’, The Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 475-479.
- Lubeck, P., Tschetter, L. & Mennenga, H. 2013, ‘Team-based learning: an innovative approach to teaching maternal-newborn nursing care’, The Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 112-115.
If you’ve done research on TBL and would like it listed here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.