A considerable amount of research has been carried out into a range of aspects of Team-Based Learning over the last 30 years. A more extensive bibliography is made available to members, but here is a list of some published papers:
- Branney, J., Priego-Hernández, J., 2018. A mixed methods evaluation of team-based learning for applied pathophysiology in undergraduate nursing education. Nurse Education Today. 61, 127-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Cunha, M. L., Amendola, F., Samperiz, M. M., & Mohallem, A. G. (2018). Evaluation of student perception of the Team-based Learning method (APA-TBL): Instrument construction and validation. Nurse Education in Practice, 33, 141-147. doi:10.1016/j.nepr.2018.09.008
- Schroder, L. A., Kupczynski, L., & Groff, S. L. (2018). The Effect of Team-Based Learning in a Neurorehabilitation Course within a Physical Therapist Assistant Academic Program. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences, 2(1), 67-84.
- Stepanova, J. (2018). Team-Based Learning in Management. Innovations, Technologies and Research in Education, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 78-90. ISBN-13:978-1-5275-0622-0
Zachry, A. H., Nash, B. H., Nolen, A. (2017). Traditional lectures and team-based learning in an occupational therapy program: A survey of student perceptions. Open Journal of Occupational Therapy, 5(2).
- Johnson, S. N. (2017). Comparing Student Learning in the Team-Based Learning Classroom With Different Team Reporting Methods. Journal of College Science Teaching, 47(2), 76–82.
- Sharma A, Janke KK, Larson A, St. Peter W. Understanding of the Early Effects of Team-based Learning on Student Accountability and Engagement Using a Three Session TBL Pilot. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2017; 9(5): 802-807. doi: 10.1016/j.cptl.2017.05.024
- Huang, C. K., & Lin, C. Y. (2017). Flipping Business Education: Transformative Use of Team-Based Learning in Human Resource Management Classrooms. Educational Technology & Society, 20 (1), 323–336. 323 ISSN 1436-4522 (online) and 1176-3647 (print).
- Stepanova, J. (2017). Team-Based Learning in Business English, Rural Environment, Education, Personality, vol. 10, pp. 190-196. ISSN 2255-808X, ISBN 978-9984-48-259-0, http://llufb.llu.lv/conference/REEP/2017/Latvia-Univ-Agricult-REEP-2017_proceedings-190-196.pdf
- Branson, S., Boss, L., & Fowler, D. L. (2016). Team-based Learning: Application in undergraduate baccalaureate nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, vol. 6, no. 4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v6n4p59
- Stein, R. E., , Colyer, C. J. , & Manning, J. (2016). Student Accountability in Team-based Learning Classes. Teaching Sociology, 44(1) 28–38. DOI: 10.1177/0092055X15603429.
- Kibble, J. D. (2016). Team-Based learning in large enrollment classes. Advances in Physiology Education, 40(4), 435-442.
- Rezaee, R., Moadeb, N., & Shokrpour, N. (2016). Team-based learning: A new approach toward improving education. Acta Medica Iranica, 54 (10), 679-683.
- Balan, P., Clark, M. & Restall, G. 2015, ‘Preparing students for Flipped or Team-Based Learning methods’, Education + Training, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 639-657.
- Gullo, C., Ha, T. C., & Cook, S. (2015). Twelve tips for facilitating team-based learning. Medical Teacher, 37(9), 819-824. doi:10.3109/0142159x.2014.1001729
- Huggins, C.M. & Stamatel, J.P. 2015, ‘An Exploratory Study Comparing the Effectiveness of Lecturing versus Team-based Learning’, Teaching Sociology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 227-235.
- Simonson, Shawn R. 2014, ‘Making students do the thinking: team-based learning in a laboratory course’, American Physiological Society, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 49-55.
- Haidet, P., McCormack, W.T. & Kubitz, K. 2014, ‘Analysis of the team-based learning literature: TBL comes of age’, Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3&4, pp. 303-333.
- Burgess, A.W., McGregor, D.M. & Mellis, C.M. 2014, ‘Applying Established Guidelines to Team-Based Learning Programs in Medical Schools: A Systematic Review’, Academic Medicine, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 678-688.
- Roberson, B. & Franchini, B. 2014, ‘Effective Task Design for the TBL Classroom’, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3/4, pp. 275-302.
- Michaelsen, L.K., Davidson, N. & Major, C. 2014, ‘Team Based Learning Practices and Principles in Comparison with Cooperative Learning and Problem Based Learning’, Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 4.
- McCormack, W.T. & Garvan, C.W. 2014, ‘Team-Based Learning Instruction for Responsible Conduct of Research Positively Impacts Ethical Decision-Making’, Accountability in Research: Policies and Quality Assurance, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 34-49.
- Davidson, N., Major, C.H. & Michaelsen, L.K. 2014, ‘Small-Group Learning in Higher Education–Cooperative, Collaborative, Problem-Based, and Team-Based Learning: An Introduction by the Guest Editors’, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, vol. 25, no. 3/4, pp. 1-6.
- Mennenga, H.A. 2013, ‘Student engagement and examination performance in a team-based learning course’, The Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 475-479.
- Lubeck, P., Tschetter, L. & Mennenga, H. 2013, ‘Team-based learning: an innovative approach to teaching maternal-newborn nursing care’, The Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 112-115.
If you’ve done research on TBL and would like it listed here, contact us at email@example.com.