The Team Based Learning Collaborative extends a warm welcome to join them for their 18th annual meeting in Tampa, FL, March 14-16, 2019 at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
The TBLC Program Committee seeks abstracts for workshops that will engage and educate our attendees, typically by using TBL to deliver the workshop. Please align your submission to one of the three tracks listed below.
- Fundamentals Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for implementation of effective TBL.
Target audience: educators with less than 3 years of experience using TBL or educators who want to become more effective in practicing the essentials of TBL.
- Innovations & Applications Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills for using TBL in specific educational settings or in a specific academic discipline. Creative innovations that remain consistent with TBL principles are encouraged.
Target audience: educators who are currently using TBL and who desire to improve their practice by interacting with those in similar educational roles, disciplines, or settings.
- Scholarship & Research Track
Learners will acquire knowledge and skills to critically evaluate the educational process and outcomes of TBL. Workshops emphasizing either qualitative or quantitative research methods are preferred.
Target audience: educators who want to study the TBL process and communicate findings in a scholarly manner, e.g. peer-reviewed publications.
Requirements to be included in the Workshop Proposal:
- Title of workshop
- Organizer and co-leaders: for each person who will facilitate the workshop, submit name, degree, institution, email, phone, and qualifications for leading the workshop. Designate one person to communicate with the program committee. NOTE: Only registered meeting participants will be listed within the final Conference Program.
- Purpose and rationale of the workshop (NOTE: If the proposal is for fundamentals track, please submit learners’ evaluations of a previous workshop you have done on this topic.).
- Specific learning objectives of the workshop (behavioral outcomes).
- Intended audience.
- Format: The method that leaders will use during the workshop; include description of how essential elements of TBL will be incorporated.
- Detailed schedule of workshop activities, with each segment in minutes, including breaks (assume total duration of 120 minutes).
- Advance assignments for participants (optional).
- Audio-visual requirements: provide a list. NOTE: The Admin Planning Team will confirm whether A-V requests can be fulfilled.
- Number of participants: provide the maximum number you will accept
Proposals are to be submitted online using the online submission form found here by July 15, 2018. Please note that there will be a separate call for poster submissions later this year.
If you have any questions or problems with your workshop submission, please send them to Danielle Inscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Program Committee Chair