TBL is used in many settings and for a diverse array of topics.
TBL is used at all levels of education including K-12, undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools. Some majors and professional schools have even adapted this method for entire curricula.
Training and Workforce Development
Outside of academic settings, TBL is used in diverse settings, including:
- Continuing professional education
- Workforce development and mandated occupational training
- Corporate executive training in areas such as governance and strategic planning
Examples of Areas of Study, Professions, and Occupations
- STEM topics (sciences, technology, engineering, and math)
- Liberal arts, such as history, psychology, English, classics, and anthropology
- Business, law, and accounting
- Health and human services (nursing, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, social work and child welfare)
TBL has been an effective teaching and learning strategy in all of these and more. For examples of modules in these areas, please click here. To find a TBL consultant to provide mentoring and support for your area of interest, please click here.
TBL is delivered in all teaching and learning formats including:
- Face to face
- Online (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Face to face and online hybrid formats
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.